Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Stopping Methotrexate

Well, after talking to the Rheumatologist today. I have made the decision to stop injecting Methotrexate. It completely makes me ill. I am nauseous, sick and over all wiped out. Some people would think this is completely stupid. This is the only medication I am on to control my RA.

Here is where my thinking is. I work five days a week, Saturdays and Sundays are my down days. I inject Methotrexate on Saturday night. My thinking is I will sleep through the icky parts. But lately when I wake up Sunday I am completely sick. Not just a little, but a lot. I cannot go anywhere or do anything. Sometimes by Monday I am better and off to work I go. Not anymore, now I am ill on Monday too.

I cant handle it anymore. I called the Rheumy this morning and told him, I am sick and I dont want to be. He suggested stopping and we will recheck everything in March. Who knows what will happen in March. I am done being sick, I am done being in pain, I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment